Organic Inulin Powder 500g
- High in soluble dietary Fibre
- Fat free
- Non-GMO, Gluten & Lactose free
- Contains 50 servings (500g pouch)
Why choose Organic Inulin Powder?
Organic Inulin Powder is sourced from the filtration and purification of Chicory roots – providing the highest quality source of Inulin possible. Belonging to a class of dietary fibres called Fructans, Inulin is categorised as a unique group of naturally occurring polysaccharides. This soluble fibre is found commonly in a variety of foods including many pulses and vegetables.
Inulin is a fantastic source of soluble fibre in the diet, providing over 85g fibre per 100g. It is non-digestible in the gut and therefore passes through the stomach and small intestine unchanged, where it then enters the large intestine.
Not only can Inulin be used as a source of fibre but it has a range of other uses in the kitchen. It can be used in baking to help preserve the moisture in cakes and biscuits, and is a great binding agent for many foods. By mixing it with water and heating it, Inulin can be used to produce a syrup. Inulin can also be added to smoothies to make them thicker and to increase the sweetness.
Key benefits of Organic Inulin Powder
Inulin is an ideal source of organic, soluble, dietary fibre. Fibre is considered to be very beneficial to us, however, many of us don’t get enough! The UK average is just 14g per day, however, really the level should be around 18g per day.
1 teaspoon (5g) of Organic Inulin will provide you with about 4.5g of fibre.
- Source of fibre
- Dietary fibre helps to maintain a healthy immune system
- Easy to use in home baking
- A great addition to smoothies
- Replacement for sugar or flour
- Neutral taste with a subtle sweetness
- Suitable for vegans
Who Should Use Organic Inulin Powder?
Great for all of the family. Mix with water, juice or add to a smoothie. Inulin tastes very sweet and can be used as a great substitute to sugar, especially on porridge or cereals.
1 teaspoon (5g) daily sprinkled over food, or added to juice or smoothie, or as professionally directed.
|Nutritional Information||Typical Values per 100g|
|Of which saturates||0g|
|Of which sugars||3.7g|
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. None known
- This food supplement needs to be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and healthy diet.
- Do not exceed recommended dose. Keep out of reach of children.
- If under medical supervision, taking medication, or pregnant, consult your doctor before use.
*European Food Standards Agency approved claims